cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Support Assistant

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 17-ab004n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - please can you help me.

My HP support Assistant function is not working properly. It tells me that I have 6 updates but when I try to update by the HP support assistant, it gets stuck after making a restore point . (My Internet connection is fine because I can browse other websites)

I have downloaded the software manually from the HP website and installed these, rebooted, yet still the HP support assistant says says I have 6 outstanding updates.  The laptop is only a month old.

Please help. Thank you, David

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 3
37 37 3 5
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and welcome!

Try to uninstall HP Support Assistant in program and features.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below

Click here

After the installation, restart again.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THANK YOU - it worked!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation