Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Team ,

I have an HP EliteBook x360 830 G8 from our IT department . Unfortunately, the official Microsoft app store is disabled for us.

Would you please let me know where I can find official HP pen setting app?

Thank you very much 

Regards , Arjun

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Arjunprasad 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

HP Pen Control is only available from the Microsoft Store

Possible "sort of" good news -- because you cannot try the app if you cannot get the app --

HP Pen Control is for different types of pens (HP Pen and MPP2.0) -- the app might not even support the HP Active Pen G3.

You could ask your IT department (who likely has access to everything) to check for you -- if the app is worth having and (it is) necessary to your setup, the IT department might allow you access to the application.

References / Resources

HP Rechargeable Active Pen G3 

Battery

Rechargeable battery

Buttons 3

Compatible operating systems

Windows 11; Windows 10; Windows 8

Minimum system requirements

Windows 8

What's in the box

HP Rechargeable Active Pen G3; USB-A to USB-C Charging cable; Documentation

Compatibility

Compatible with HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3; HP EliteBook x360 1030 G4; HP EliteBook x360 1040 G5; HP EliteBook x360 1040 G6; HP Elite x2 1013 G3; HP Elite x2 G4; HP ZBook Studio x360 G5

Dimensions (W X D X H)

5.82 x 0.4 in

Weight

0.03 lb

Warranty

One-year limited warranty.

===============================================================================

HP Pen Control Application – Available at the Microsoft Store

• Document:  HP Notebook PCs - Configuring the HP Pen Using HP Pen Control Software (Windows 10)
  • HP Pen Control – Microsoft Store - Description:  This application allows customization of stylus buttons for HP stylus models – including HP Pen and HP Rechargeable MPP2.0 Tilt Pen.  You can seamlessly switch between stylus button function.  HP Pen, HP Rechargeable MPP2.0 Tilt Pen, and the HP Pen Control application are provided for supported computer models.

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

HP EliteBook x360 830 G8 Notebook PC 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello Dragon-Fur ,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I already installed HP Pen control app. But its not compactable with HP active pen G3 .

HP pen control app 

HP is showing a pen setting in the below video and an app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5R8GoPceCE  

Unfortunately, it's not the standard settings that I see on my laptop nor in the HP pen control app.

I was unable to find any other app as well.

Would you please help me to identify the app? or settings .

Thank you 

Regards , Arjun

HP Recommended

Hello Dragon-Fur ,

Thank you for the feedback.

That's quite strange, right? HP is showing in their official video that you can configure the HP active pen G3 in multiple ways using the app. And in reality, you don't have the app or you cannot configure it.

Looks like I need to keep my pen in my showcase  🙂 

Thank you 

Regards, Arjun

HP Recommended

@Arjunprasad 

OK -- Sure -- if an HP video shows this content, that's the HP word on the subject.

Sorry I cannot help -- I don't have a device that uses the G3 pen.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.