Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

have a new hp omen laptop and an hp w2448hc 24" monitor.

My old hp laptop detects the camera mounted in the monitor and can select it in apps requiring a camera.

My new Omen laptop does not seem to detect the camera.

What do i need to do to get the monitor mounted camera to be visible from my new laptop

Both laptops were connected with the same hdmi lead.

N.B. I can not see any drivers for the hp w2448hc monitor on HP's web site that may add the camera to the system.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BudgieStorm

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use the following steps to check the webcam software settings.

1. Make sure the software you are using to view webcam video can use a webcam. For testing purposes, install and use the software that came with the webcam and monitor. If you do not have webcam software, use Windows Live Messenger for testing.

note:A webcam is not the same as a digital video camera. Many video editing programs do not recognize streaming webcam video. For example, you cannot use Windows Movie Maker to import video directly from a webcam.
  2. In the webcam software settings, select HP Webcam, CyberLink YouCam device, or USB Video Device as the input or source video device.

For example, in CyberLink YouCam with Windows Vista, select HP Webcam in the Capture Device list under the capture settings.

3. View the webcam video in the software.

If video does not display or you are cannot select HP Webcam, the CyberLink YouCam device, or the USB Video Device, continue to the next step.

4. Unplug all USB devices attached to the monitor. If the device is a mouse or keyboard, temporarily attach the mouse or keyboard to an open USB port on the computer.

5. Restart the computer, restart the webcam software, and view the webcam video in the software.

If you can view webcam video, one of the USB devices that was attached to the monitor is conflicting with the webcam. Do not use the device while using the webcam or connect the device to a USB port on the computer.

If video does not display or you cannot select HP Webcam, the CyberLink YouCam device, or the USB Video Device, continue to the next step.

1. In Device Manager under Imaging devices, right-click HP Webcam (Vista) or USB Video Device (XP). Then click Uninstall.

Figure : Windows Vista - uninstalling the webcam

Uninstalling the webcam in Windows Vista

Figure : Windows XP - uninstalling the webcam

Uninstalling the webcam in Windows XP
  2. After the device is fully uninstalled, disconnect the USB cable from the monitor and restart the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This camera is built into my monitor and connected to laptop by an HDMI cable.

I can not download Windows Live messenger as my Microsoft account only shows my old PC as 'my device' and I don't see how to add a new device, i.e. my new laptop.

The camera does not appear in the devices list.

I have subsequently re-started my Windows 10 system whilst the monitor is connected to the laptop and this does not seem to kick off any detection/install mechanism. 

Can I get hold of drivers for the HP w2448hc Monitor/embedded camera ?

HP Recommended

@BudgieStorm

Thank you for posting back.

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant in order to install latest drivers: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.