Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own a HP pavilion gaming laptop for all the 3d modelling work I do and rendering. I got it just a little over 12 months now. 
One day when I closed the screen I heard a gravel sound and i noticed bits of black plastic. The hinge suddenly is out of it's place and i think it's broken. Keep in mind it doesnt travel, it's always on my desk. I'm exremely saddened by this because I have a lot of work and cannot afford to part with my laptop 1 day! and god knows how long it will take for this to be fixed it ever. My warranty of 12 months just ended before this incident. 

I looked up online and it seems to be a common issue with this laptop. It is definitely nothing wrong done on my part. This is clearly defected for many people! The screen is completely loose. I have to prop it on something behind it just to be able to use the laptop and finish my work!
I would like to know how to get it fixed. how long it might take? and how much? I'm not willing to pay as much as buying a new one to fix this one!

Please help. Thanks in advance.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-28 at 3.08.15 PM.jpegbits falling offbits falling offWhatsApp Image 2020-05-28 at 3.08.13 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-28 at 3.08.13 PM.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RahmaRM

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RahmaRM

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.