Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15s dr0002tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, HP Support Division Heads and CEO.

I deeply regret to say that buying a HP laptop  will turn out to be one of my biggest mistake. I never thought that HP would use a LOW Grade material for Hinges that would break on its own within less then 10 months of usage.  I am a student and use my laptop for my projects and researches , i open the lid may be twice a day , and till date have complained the THAT MY HINGES ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY  JUST AFTER 60DAYS OF USAGE , i did get an onsite visit but to no success ,the technician just oiled it lightly with MY  HAIR OIL (in a very unprofessional way)  and left . I complained about it but NO RESPONSE.

I CAN SHARE ALL THE CHATS I HAD REGARDING MY HINGES ()

Now I have multiple objections to this. I can send you several links available on google and youtube videos, which confims that HP laptops has known issue with Left Hinges.

1. So even if you repair it, there are chances that it might break again, due to your poor quality of Hinges. which means there is big expenses waiting if this happens again.

2. What's the use of buying an extended Warranty of 2yrs, if these things are not covered within it. ( Now let me clarify, I am not saying that if i drop the laptop or spill coffee over it and then asking you to repair it free of cost. I am asking you because its broken on its own due to poor quality and you have known issue with your hinges)

3. A simple hinges broken, its repair procedure requires a good amount of parts replacement Top Cover, Bottom Enclosure and also disassembling the laptop to fix the hinges, This is very painful, no one likes a postmortem on his new laptop. This also leaves a possibility that other parts may get damaged in the process.

There is only two ways, that could convince me.

1. Either replace your faulty product and give me a new laptop.

OR

2. Take the responsibility of fixing hinges when ever is broken in my 2yrs extended Warranty period free of cost.

by adding me to ADP coverage for my exended period of warranty. ( Remember I am not asking you to do any favour if i drop the laptop or spill coffee over it. )

This way, i would be relaxed and would not be worring about quality of hinges and what if after fixing it breaks away again on its own.

Remember laptop is very expensive for me  . Its brought from my hard earned money. I feel too much of pain.

Regards

Adarsh [Personal Information Removed].

SN# [Personal Information Removed]

15s-dr0002TX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

CASE FINALLY RESOLVED, 

HOPING THIS NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN WITH ANYONE ELSE.

THANKYOU  ALL

WHO WERE CONTACTED, AND ALL WHO WERE INVOLVED.

THANKS AGAIN.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @adarsh2201

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I AM UNABLE TO REPLY PRIVATELY

@Kumar0307

HP Recommended

still no progress ( since 26 August   today it is 14 Sept.), did i make a mistake

buying a hp laptop, 

HP Recommended

No actual contacts made, only received private messages saying ,"you will be contacted AT THE EARLIEST" ,but no actual progress made in the repair of my laptop.

rightly said ,"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE" ,

THEY DO NOTHING BUT PROCRASTINATE...

I am unable to carry my laptop anywhere, it has become a desktop.

facing a lot of problems ,

please help.

HP Recommended

..not yet

HP Recommended

CASE FINALLY RESOLVED, 

HOPING THIS NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN WITH ANYONE ELSE.

THANKYOU  ALL

WHO WERE CONTACTED, AND ALL WHO WERE INVOLVED.

THANKS AGAIN.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.