Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 15-dq1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this laptop (2020) and am so disappointed in the Camera app. The build is 2006-06-21 and there still isn't an update to the driver. For the price of this laptop I would have expected a few 'settings' for the Camera, but all it can do is adjust brightness.  I have driver version 10.0.18362.693 and says it is up-to-date. I had somewhere set it to blur my background but now can't get it back, but when I hold Skype or Zoom meetings I don't want the whole world to see my entire room with the wide angle. Can someone suggest a setting or perhaps even a better camera? tia

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Tinah2

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step 1: Locate and toggle the camera privacy switch or press the camera shutter key

Select HP notebook models to come with a camera privacy switch or a camera shutter key that turns the camera off and on. By default, the camera is turned on.

Camera privacy switch

The camera privacy switch is located on the side of your computer. To turn off your camera, slide the camera privacy switch toward the icon next to the switch. To turn the camera back on, slide the switch away from the icon.

Locating the camera privacy switch

Camera shutter key

The camera shutter key is located on the action key row of your keyboard. To turn off your camera, press the camera shutter key. To turn the camera back on, press the shutter key again.

Camera shutter LED

Camera status

Camera shutter key (light on)

LED on: The camera is off.

Camera shutter key (light off)

LED off: The camera is on.

Figure : Camera shutter key location

Camera shutter key location

Step 2: Troubleshoot the camera

If the error continues, refer to HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎 for additional camera troubleshooting tips.

Step 3: Install a new USB camera

If the camera is still missing, install and connect a new USB camera.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have that switch on the side of my laptop...

HP Recommended

@Tinah2

Thank you for posting back. 

Troubleshoot the camera refer to HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, for additional camera troubleshooting tips.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there any way to NOT have the wide-angle camera view?  My previous laptop showed a much closer view of my face, and not nearly so much background.  In Zoom meetings, people can't even tell who I am!!Not ideal.Not ideal.

HP Recommended

Good question!!! But I don't know the answer. Wish I knew! Like you the Wide Angle should be adjustable to a zoom at the very least. I hope someone can answer that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.