Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14-dh1003-ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey, I tried everything I could think of, but I couldn't get my internal SD card reader to work. In a live boot of Manjaro Linux I could read the SD Card with the build in reader perfectly fine, the same with an external USB SD card reader in Windows. So both the card and the reader are working. On the driver page of my laptop I couldn't find a SD Reader Driver and just uninstalling the Intel SD-Host Controller and Class Controller for SD-Memory in the device manager didn't help either. Occasionally the SD Card shows up in the Explorer saying 'Secure Digital Storage Device' but without the capacity reading and clicking on it occupies the explorer for quite a while until When I try to open the drive partition manager, it gets stuck trying to connect to the service for virtual storage as long as the SD card is inserted. I think I just need the right driver, but I can't find it on the support page and don't want to download something from sketchy third party sites. I would be very glad for any help, because I'm completely out of ideas.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I forgot to add, both Windows and everything on the HP Support Assistant is on the newest version.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I see what you mean.

The 14-Dh1000 driver page, has no SD card reader driver listed under the Storage drivers section, which is where it would normally be located.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if installing the latest Alcor Micro Card Reader Driver from the base model 14-dh0000 model series works on yours.

HP Pavilion 14-dh0000 x360 Convertible PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

My guess is that if it is a driver issue then that driver should work...

2.0.151.24533    Jul 2, 2020

sp105896.exe (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Thanks alot. It worked. Shame that HP doesn't include it on the product page or in the HP Support Assisstant. Or even better, have it installed from the start.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since I don't work for or represent HP, you may want to report the missing Alcor SD card reader driver to the HP executive team at the link below, so they can add it to the 14-dh1000 series' support page.

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Seems like I was a bit to fast. Micro SD Cards with an SD adapter work, the two full size SD cards still didn't. I doubt it has anything to do with the cards, because they worked with an USB adapter on Windows and with Linux on my PC and on Windows with the internal reader of my friends PC. Can't say whether Micro SD cards worked on my computer befor I installed the driver. 

I'm also not completely sure it installed the driver correctly. The install window closed immediatly after the loading bar appeared. The log says

[12:07:16:27:29:0470][INSTALL_SEQUENCE] Section Found]
[12:07:16:27:29:0470][COMMAND_INSTALL] Section Found
[12:07:16:27:29:0470]Execute [install.cmd]
[12:07:16:27:29:0470]Create Process: install.cmd
[12:07:16:27:29:0478]Create Process: Successed Waiting for process complete
[12:07:16:27:29:0894]Create Process: Process completed Exit Code:0x00000000: 0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.