Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I have an HP envy 15t laptop that I've owned for a little over a year.  I use it primarily for work and some personal purposes.  I purchased a 1 TB hard drive so I would have plenty of hard drive space on the machine. My disk space recently went to very low and I cannot download additional apps onto my machine because of this.  I don't really have much music/video/picture stored on the hard drive.  I've tried all the usual ways to free up hard drive space but they don't really help much.  Currently only 21 GB are free on the C drive and 1.24 GB are free on the D (recovery drive).  When I drill into the storage usage on the C drive, I see that 525 GB! are being used by "Other People".  I'm the only person that uses this laptop.  When I go to the "manage other people" tab, there is no one else even listed.  I don't know what to do and how to free up this 525 GB of space.  Is it a virus?  Defect in my hard drive that I need to send back for warranty.  Any and all solutions appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jrg12

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you're experiencing hard drive storage full error and unable to download apps, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: ( Microsoft suggested steps) 

You can view Other People section by following this:

• Press Windows + I > System > Storage > This PC (C:) > Scroll down to the bottom you'll see Other People.
  • If you can't view or manage files from there, you can access this from File Explorer. To do this:
  • Press Windows + E > This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > From here, all users who previously logged on to your device will show.

If you are the Administrator of the device you're using you'd be able to delete the user accounts and its file to lessen up the usage on your disk. To do this:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
  2. Click/tap on Family & other people on the left side, click/tap on an account you want to delete on the right side, and click/tap on Remove.
  3. Click/tap onDelete account and data to confirm.
  4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.