Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-aw071nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Just have downloaded your HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool, ver.1.1.

The program cannot be launched even when being run "by administrator" option.

Task manager doesn't show any process may be identified as related to the program.

Looking forward for your assistance.

Regards

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @kmm47,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool is not working. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Which Hardware Test do you wish to run?

When seems to be the issue? 

Could you please brief the issue? 

To run hardware diagnostics test, please follow these steps: 

• Press the Power button to turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until you see HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.
  • From the UEFI main menu, click System Tests, then click Quick Test.
  • Click Run once.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take up to 15 minutes.
  • If no system component failed, please go back to main menu and Exit from the screen
  • If a component fails a test, write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

Keep me posted!

Have a great day 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, Flower_Bud.

As I had written before, I tried to launch an HP hardware diagnostics software (see http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html), HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows version 1.1. I expected to see something like in http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-1531ENUS, refer to picture. But when I double click the installed tool launcher "Self contained HP diagnostics executable", nothing happens. The process appears for a second-two, then disappears. No any interface is shown after.

[

Title: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows
Version: 1.1.0.0
Description: This package provides the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows for the supported models running a supported operating system. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows provides Windows based hardware diagnostics for the supported models which is used to validate if a system is functioning correctly.
Purpose: Recommended
Category: Diagnostic

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Customer Notes:
- None

Prerequisites:
- You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.

Installation Instructions:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

(C) Copyright 2017 HP Inc.

]

Marry Christmas, by the way

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi @kmm47,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Which Hardware Test do you wish to run?

Let's create a new user admin account following steps from the link: Click Here

Check if the software works in the new user account. 

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I agree with a previous correspondent - the diagnostic tool can be downloaded but there is no way to Run it.

HP Recommended

Dear Flower_Bud,

Thanks for assisting. But the new advice doesn't help.

I use the program calling it using admin signature.

No changes.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi @kmm47

Thanks for trying possible steps. Have you tried this method "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key" of installing UEFI Diagnostics from the link?

If not, I suggest you try installing using that method and then run the software from the flash drive. 

Keep me posted 🙂

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would like to try to use the software able to be run from desktop.

Am I understanding right the ver.1.1. of diagnostic tool is possible to be run as a usual windows program? That one I provided the link for in one of the last messages?

regards

HP Recommended

Hi

Just downloaded and run without any problem inside Windows.

HTH

Marco

Clipboard02.jpg

EDIT : I had these errors

Clipboard02.jpg 

but the reason was that the ethernet was SIMPLY disabled .... not a good start ..

HP Recommended

Hi @Marco_66,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand you are having issues with connecting to the internet. Not to worry, I'll be glad to help you.

You've performed the hardware test and it resulted with the failure ID – 9XMUQ8-8T1901-MFPURF-88DR03

Here's what the ID represents: 421

Error Message: Network Card IRQ Failure

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, etc.) there could be a additional charges in such cases to get the computer repaired via HP service centers. 

In this scenario, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.