Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I will like to know what upgrade can i make to my system in order to have better performance. *

- HP Laptop 14-cm0005au

- Product Number : 4LD43PA#AR6

- Serial number : [Personal Information Removed]

- AMD Rryzen 3 2200u, 1 TB hardisk + 240GB teamgroup SSD M.2, 8gb teamgroup 2400 ram two slot but only use one

Please tell me if more RAM will help and what do you recommended

And I am open to any suggestions

Thanks for your time !  

I am very pleased about this product and I will like more FPS and fast render time for games and 3D animation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The official specs only mention a 1 TB hard drive so you must have added the M.2 SSD. Assuming the M.2 is an NVME you already have the best storage performance possible. You can increase the memory as high as 32 gigs (2 x 16) but installing 32 gigs would not improve performance in gaming. Increasing to 16 gb would provide a marginal increase over 8 gb in overall performance (boot time, lag) and is likely worthwhile but you will notice little if any improvement in video performance. The processor and video are soldered to the motherboard and not upgradeable. 

Memory is DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM

Memory module, 8 GB 862398-855

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-8GB-DDR4-2400-SODIMM-CT8G4SFS824A/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&ke...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The official specs only mention a 1 TB hard drive so you must have added the M.2 SSD. Assuming the M.2 is an NVME you already have the best storage performance possible. You can increase the memory as high as 32 gigs (2 x 16) but installing 32 gigs would not improve performance in gaming. Increasing to 16 gb would provide a marginal increase over 8 gb in overall performance (boot time, lag) and is likely worthwhile but you will notice little if any improvement in video performance. The processor and video are soldered to the motherboard and not upgradeable. 

Memory is DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM

Memory module, 8 GB 862398-855

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-8GB-DDR4-2400-SODIMM-CT8G4SFS824A/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&ke...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.