Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear community,

In my company we bought different HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 laptops with intel i7 processor and with 16GB ram. They are all working fine but mine as a problem becouse the fan spins continuously with a very annoying noise. I suppose this is due to my laptop is very hot in the area between keyboard and screen hinges.

This is very strange also becouse it happens in very quite conditions (i.e IDLE!). All other 1030 laptops we have are silent with no fan operation in the same conditions....

I've updated every driver, Intel Management Engine firmware and BIOS with latest version but nothing changed.

My company IT department called also HP support but they were unable to solve this issue. They simply replaced the fan even though I believe the problem is the excessive heat produced (which puts the fans spinning!)

It generally happens more frequently where I am AC connected: pratically the laptop seems to ALWAYS run the fan with a really annoying noise that make me crazy when I 'm working in quite situations (nighttime, silent areas....).

My problem sound very similar with this:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Multitude-of-issues-with-Elitebook-x360-1030-G2-and...

Any solutions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Simone

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Exactly the same issue for me and many colleagues. Fan runnign all the time with annoying noise, handsrest hot, CPU running at 70% (or high % in any case) even with no appplication open. No answer from my IT support, except providing me with a new machine for the 3rd time.

The 1st time it was the power plug that lost the chrome coating and started melting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.