Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Please i have the  HP/Compaq 15-h093ng and i wanna know whats the maximum CPU that i can put in it. I Recently Upgraded the ram to 8gb Now My cpu Usage is very High, Let me know what cpu is comaptible with it.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, all the processors in the model series are integral parts of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

The only way to upgrade the processor would be to replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual that may come with a better processor.

HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PCHP 15 Notebook PCCompaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook PCCompaq 15 Notebook PC M...

Additional parts may be required such as a different heat sink.

HP Recommended

I ordered a new battery, the old one stopped working. Would no battery decrease peformance of the laptop?. Would the new battery be the soulution.

HP Recommended

Not having a battery installed should not decrease the notebook's performance.

The problem is no matter what you do, is that the AMD Dual-Core E1-6010 is a very poor performing processor.

I would have to speculate that a cell phone's processor is more powerful than the one your notebook has.

There is only one other upgrade you can do to your PC that would not be overly expensive and that would be to replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" solid state drive (SSD).

That may help performance even more than when you installed 8 GB of memory.

I recommend this model if you want to upgrade the drive.

WD Blue SA510 SATA SSD 500 GB 2,5 Zoll: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

HP Recommended

Can i install other SSD, or only the one u send me. Can i install the kingspec 512gb? KingSpec 512GB 2 5 Zoll SATA SSD, 2.5 inch SATA III 6Gb/s Interne Solid State Festplatte - 3D NAND F... 

HP Recommended

Yes, you can install any 2 5" SSD you want. 

I recommended the WD Blue drive because it has faster read/write specs than almost any other drive.

HP Recommended

And last thing to not annoy you and your very kind, my last question is What Mother board would fit in? I would like to change the mother board so i can put another GPU and cpu ik im very annoying you

HP Recommended

You can only install one of the motherboards listed in Chapter 3 of the service manual, but like I wrote yesterday, you will probably need additional parts such as a different heat sink, and if your notebook doesn't have a fan, you would need a fan 

Some notebook's with low power processors don't have fans. 

It's not a project that I would recommend doing, but if you are determined, please start a new discussion, because I cannot tell you exactly what you need to do to upgrade the motherboard in your PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.