Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cf0006dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know where is my CMOS/RTC Battery which is preventing my pc to boot,not to detect USB and giving incorrect time.I am 100% sure it's CMOS/RTC Battery problem.I have asked about this here before and someone adviced me to take my laptop to repair shop and I did.Now they are telling me to change the whole motherboard which will cost near 120$.As far as I know a RTC/CMOS Battery's price is only 2-10$.Then why I need to change my whole motherboard ?I don't think its necessary.

But also I don't see any rtc/cmos battery in my motherboard(may be its with the main battery or sealed with the motherboard).Help me to locate it.Tell me how can I find it and how can I change it,please.Don't suggest me to go shop,most of them are cheater.I don't trust them. 😞

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Mushfiqur_Rahma 

Dis you ask same question few weeks ago ? Your machine does NOT have part for RTC battery.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=5VQ99UA

You simply can't buy one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes I did.

But no one answered me.

Screenshot_20201008-135958.jpg

 Its showing my CMOS battery is with the processor. Will I try to reseat my processor?

or will I need to buy a new motherboar?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.