cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Help! Help! Help! Can't find my RTC Battery.

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cf0006dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know where is my CMOS/RTC Battery which is preventing my pc to boot,not to detect USB and giving incorrect time.I am 100% sure it's CMOS/RTC Battery problem.I have asked about this here before and someone adviced me to take my laptop to repair shop and I did.Now they are telling me to change the whole motherboard which will cost near 120$.As far as I know a RTC/CMOS Battery's price is only 2-10$.Then why I need to change my whole motherboard ?I don't think its necessary.

But also I don't see any rtc/cmos battery in my motherboard(may be its with the main battery or sealed with the motherboard).Help me to locate it.Tell me how can I find it and how can I change it,please.Don't suggest me to go shop,most of them are cheater.I don't trust them. 😞

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,406 86,288 10,972 23,571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mushfiqur_Rahma 

Dis you ask same question few weeks ago ? Your machine does NOT have part for RTC battery.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=5VQ99UA

You simply can't buy one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I did.

But no one answered me.

Screenshot_20201008-135958.jpg

 Its showing my CMOS battery is with the processor. Will I try to reseat my processor?

or will I need to buy a new motherboar?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation