Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
G72-B27CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade the processor in my computer. My laptop model is G72-B27CL.

it originally came with Windows 7. The computer is running on its original processor which is an Intel Pentium 6100.

Will someone please let me know what newer processors are compatible with my system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FLExplorer 

Please look at the list on page 83 of the manual called Maintenance and Service Guide of the following link

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/hp-g72-b00-notebook-pc-series/4247537/model/4308436/manuals

Manual also shows you how to replace Processor (CPU).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@FLExplorer 

Please look at the list on page 83 of the manual called Maintenance and Service Guide of the following link

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/hp-g72-b00-notebook-pc-series/4247537/model/4308436/manuals

Manual also shows you how to replace Processor (CPU).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very, very much for your prompt reply.

Does that mean that any processor listed on that page is compatible with my system, meaning I could install an i7?

Do you have any advice regarding performance? Meaning, Would it be better if I just upgrade to an i3 or an i5 and not all the way to an i7? I would like to improve my system as much as possible within its capabilities

Thank you, once again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.