10 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Help finding out what processor is compatible with my HP G72-B27CL

HP Recommended
G72-B27CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade the processor in my computer. My laptop model is G72-B27CL.

it originally came with Windows 7. The computer is running on its original processor which is an Intel Pentium 6100.

Will someone please let me know what newer processors are compatible with my system?

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,584 90,461 11,638 24,935
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FLExplorer 

Please look at the list on page 83 of the manual called Maintenance and Service Guide of the following link

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/hp-g72-b00-notebook-pc-series/4247537/model/4308436/manuals

Manual also shows you how to replace Processor (CPU).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

FLExplorer
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very, very much for your prompt reply.

Does that mean that any processor listed on that page is compatible with my system, meaning I could install an i7?

Do you have any advice regarding performance? Meaning, Would it be better if I just upgrade to an i3 or an i5 and not all the way to an i7? I would like to improve my system as much as possible within its capabilities

Thank you, once again!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation