Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

image.jpg

It’s the Samsung 980 pro ssd And now I have another problem

really no luck today 

there is one screw on my laptop that won’t get out 

and the screw head is not stripped it’s just stuck it’s free spinning on the same place already 30 mins stuck on this because I want to put back the old sad 

HP Recommended

@eyals4,

I want you to work safely.  So, put on a pair of (safety) glasses, and use the smallest flathead screwdriver you can find in order to gently place it between the screwhead and the case as a lever, while at the same time using a Philips screwdriver to rotate anti-clockwise. By increasing the leverage pressure on the flathead screwdriver downwards, you should be able to lift the screw out.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I’ve tried it already and it’s stil stuck never seen something like this before 

it’s like it’s sticker in the other side and 

I’ve tried the metod with the flat head and not working 🥺

HP Recommended

It feels always like it’s almost working but then it’s still stuck and I’m afraid to use to much force I don’t know how this affect the motherboard 

HP Recommended

@eyals4,

Do you mind to zoom out a little bit and retake the picture?

I would like to have a clearer idea where exactly this screw is located on your laptop.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

D8147D4D-D368-4154-9227-53DF363BAFC0.jpeg

HP Recommended

C04B9087-49C7-4CCF-88CC-53CBDD8F1D57.jpeg

HP Recommended

@eyals4,

Darn-it, that doesn't look great. Is there anyone within your direct circle of friends or trusted family members who you would consider reasonably DIY-proficient or preferably computer-savvy, who can take a look at it?  Perhaps even a computer nerd at work/school?

It is difficult from afar, so to speak, to tell you what to do -especially if further manipulations may cause additional damage.  Obviously, the screw should have come right out, just like it did the first time.

I would hate to suggest this because I really don't want you to spend any extra money, but another option would be to consider taking your laptop to a local computer repair shop and have them fix this issue.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.