Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15da1041tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP model no 15da1041tu,BIOS VERSIOn INYSDE F.35 ,motherboard no 8532.I want to know how to unlock advanced mode in bios its hidden in my bios.REASON :

MY SAMSUNG 970 evo plus NVME PCIE 3.0 x4 is working in NVME PCIE 3.0 x2 interface 

so i want to change PCIE m.2  configuration from x2 to x4 to increase bandwidth upto 32 gb/s.PLEASE REPLY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You will not need to reinstall Windows. 

There should be no data loss since you will be doing this with the power and battery removed like when you originally installed it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

There is no hidden advanced mode and no setting that will let you switch PCIe mode. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @VasuOberoi 

Maybe this related Dell notebook article will be of help to you...

Solved: XPS 9560 NVMe drive only running with two lanes of PCIe - Dell Community

I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that if a M.2 slot supports both SATA and NVMe drives as in the 15-da1xxx model series, the NVMe drive transfer speed is slower than in a M.2 slot that exclusively supports NVMe drives.

HP Recommended

Thanks for article link

NOW IT SAYS THE FIX IS TO REMOVE SSD AND REINSERT it in M.2 slot and after this change power mode and sleep settings then it should work fineat full speed (32 gb bandwidth).I WILL definitely try this and see if it works for me.BUT I WANT TO ASK a question.PLEASE REPLY

i have already installed windows on my ssd .AFTER I have  remove ssd and reinserted it.DO I NEED TO REINSTALL windows or there will be any data loss??.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You will not need to reinstall Windows. 

There should be no data loss since you will be doing this with the power and battery removed like when you originally installed it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.