Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3"

Dear Sir,

I've purchased HP Spectre x360 13.3 (Model: 13-AE012DX) from USA on Black Friday. I started using it when I came back to Belgium this month.  

The device is very good in many aspects except one issue. The problem which I noticed is about the hinges. The left hinge is not aligned correctly and it seems to be crooked (see the attachment)

Also the hinges got loose as soon it goes beyond 90 degree which cause significant amount of screen wiggle when I try to write on it even with the stylus.

I've invested significant amount of money in this device and to be honest the device deserve that price. But I also expect that such problem should not have appeared in a high quality device at that price tag

So, please let me know about the possible solutions for such issue

Best regards

1.jpg2.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Meouda

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem. My older Spctre x360 hinges are much better than my new 13" spectres hinges where they both are mislined and very loose. Should I send my laptop to service or what?

Kind regards,

Tapio 

HP Recommended

@Tapiiri

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Was this every resolved? I am having the same issue. HP had me return my first spectre and reissued a new one, but now the new laptop has the same mis-alignment issues. Everything functions as expected, the hinges just look off, and I'm concerned about long term performance. 

HP Recommended

@teckhardt

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Unfortunately i noticed this is the case too for my HP spectre x360 15 inch model. The right hinge is just that slighty off alignment, it didn't cause any problems so far but i'm also quite concerned about long term use with a hinge thats miss aligned.
I can only hear a small cracking noise when the qcreen is near 360° rotated.. One of the main reasons i didn't use that mode that much so far.
My laptop is not a year old, am i eligible for a fix?
It would be great if the right hinge could be fixed for my current laptop instead of receiving a new one.

Kind regards,
Michael
HP Recommended

@MDev

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@Cleneave

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. 360x 13.3 spectre.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.