Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G6 2005AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP,

My laptop is completely became useless after 3 years of normal use.

I've sent an email to HP authorised service center after they have sent me heavy priced quotation as follows:

HP G6 2005AX laptop cost me Rs. 34000.

I've been using the laptop from last 3 years.

Its hinges were replaced by HP within one year, but the new hinges again stated giving issue.

due to this, the issue of base enclosure damage and motherboard damage are not caused by accident.

The product is damaged because of everyday normal usage.

The qutoation they sent is:

---****--- 
Quotation / Proforma Invoice
iQor Global Services India Pvt Ltd. (Formerly known as Jabil
Global Services India Pvt. Ltd.) Shop no.52, SPA Plaza,
No:1094 OTC Road, Opp. Hotel Luciya International, Bangalore

# Part No Nos / Description
AACCT9885DSD003
HP Pavilion g6-2005ax
Notebook PC
CIN U64200HR2008PTC038078

#  part no            Repair & Replacement Service of Parts   Cost         
1 683030-001   SPS-MB DSC A70M 7670/1G                          Rs.20,207.00
2 708302-001   BASE ENCLOSURE W8                                       Rs.6,984.00
3 JBLSR10001   Service Charges                                                   Rs.750.00

After service and sales tax tatal repair cost:   Rs. 29,545
----****----

Spending equal amount of laptop cost (Total expenditure for laptop in 3 years: Rs.64000!) for repairs even though it is not due to customers fault is questionable.

Hence,

I sincerely request HP(you) to reconsider the reasons caused for this damage 
and to take the damaged motherboard and provide me the new one free of charge.

Please provide justice for your customer, needy.

Regards,
B.Srikanth
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally got it repaired for very fraction price at a local laptop repair shop, who has fixed the motherboard by replacing short circuited chips with new ones, replaced hinges and fixed same base enclosure as well.

This saved me buying a new laptop + Win10 pro which won't come with most of the new laptops.

No one called me from HP India team for help.

Anyways thanks Jeffhelp and kevin-T.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

This is how laptop is after poor build quality and hinges and normal usage:

Hinges:

20160219_182130.jpg

20160219_182138.jpg

Part where charging is damaged: 
20160219_183557.jpg

20160219_191040.jpg

HP Recommended

@srkanthsd

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks Kevin for your reply.
HP Recommended

Finally got it repaired for very fraction price at a local laptop repair shop, who has fixed the motherboard by replacing short circuited chips with new ones, replaced hinges and fixed same base enclosure as well.

This saved me buying a new laptop + Win10 pro which won't come with most of the new laptops.

No one called me from HP India team for help.

Anyways thanks Jeffhelp and kevin-T.

HP Recommended

Good to see somebody calling now after all the repairs have been done.

Closed the case on not approving the quotation with 15% discount.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi Srikanth,

I have the exact same problem with my HP laptop and the exact same attitude from HP!

I think HP is earning a bad name for themselves with defective laptops and lack of willingness to accept their defect or help a customer!

Regards,

Sandeep

HP Recommended

HP is worst regarding customer service. They value very premium customers and even dont provide spare parts in a decent price. Go for ASUS or DELL or LENOVO for a good range of products.

I stopped consulting HP service after they denied to help me and got my laptop fixed in a reasonable price

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.