Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Touchsmart 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my HP Envy for two years. I am the sole user of this laptop. The left hinge broke after a few short months. It was stationary -- on a desk and never transported, therefore never dropped and obviously defective. I was told that hinge replacement is not covered under warranty, so I made the decision to tolerate it since I didn't want to be without it for an indefinite period of time and also felt the estimated $250 in repair was unreasonable.

A few weeks later, the right hinge broke causing a significant separation in the case. This past weekend, the keyboard began to fail. Some of the letters do not register and have to be copied and pasted (you can appreciate how long it is taking me to write this!). I took it into a repair shop today hoping to have a replacement keyboard installed and was told they would not be able to help me because they felt they would not be able to put it back together as a result of the damage caused from the failing hinges. They felt the best option, all things considered, would be to purchase a wireless keyboard and resign myself to the idea that what I have here is a desktop.

HP... take responsibility for these failing hinges without your normal fee. You created a DEFECTIVE product with a substandard design, rendering an otherwise fantastic laptop useless. This is a widespread problem that should not have to be accepted from customers who are investing over $1000 in this product.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've sent emails and left a phone message.  Neither have been returned.  Hopefully I can anticipate a resolution soon?

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

@CarlaMaria

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I've sent emails and left a phone message.  Neither have been returned.  Hopefully I can anticipate a resolution soon?

HP Recommended

Thank you Jeffrey for your courtesy and professionalism in facilitating a resolution.

HP Recommended
Please help I have the same issue with my envy touch smart 15.
HP Recommended

@Llorenspat

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

My left hinge on my HP Envy 17" broke today when I opened it.

I have taken very very good care of this machine since I paid around $1000+ for it.

This is crap. The plastic that holds the brass inserts for the hinge screws fell all to pieces. If they won't recall them or do something to fix it I'm done. I have been buying HP's for years.

It's sickening to say the least.

I7, GeForce, maxed memory all in a piece of **** case. I am highly highly disappointed right now.

HP Recommended

I have this same problem with the left hinge ! It has seperated the plastic and will not open or close properly ! 

HP Recommended

@stephanie_j

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I have the same issue!

HpHingeGate!

They put me in contact with support via e-mail but they seem like they are unwilling to resolve our hinge problem.

They want us to pay for a defective design.

Cmon HP call for a voluntary recall,or atleast offer us a free repair for your bad design!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.