Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I don't think I've ever seen this happen with a mouse before. If I hold down any of the mouse buttons, instead of sending through a single click command and holding it it sends a repeated click signal (holding down once = click...click...click...click...click...) much like holding down a letter on your keyboard sends a repeated signal for that letter. Any idea how to stop this, it's really messing up my work. Thanks!

HP Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse (VK479AA)

50 REPLIES 50
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the HP wireless optical mobile mouse (WE788AA) that I just purchased.  Problem occurs across multiple programs (IE, MS Office, etc).  Does not happen with my wired HP mouse.  Is this from a setting that can be changed, or do I need to return the mouse as defective?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  I love the mouse, but this is starting to drive me crazy.  Is this a problem with the mouse, or are they all like this?  It seems to stay "clicked" if you will, when I'm moving my mouse around, but only sends the multiple clicks if I leave the cursor still.

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem with the VK479AA - sustained click is interpretted as multiple clicks.

Operating system, XP Pro.  Device manager shows two driver files:
1. mouclass.sys, File version 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp 080413-2108)
2. mouhid.sys, File version 5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-1148)
Please help.
HP Recommended

The same here.

Mouse model: FHA-3410

Click and hold is recognized as repeating double-clicks in text editing programs:

In Notepad results in alternating selection/deselection of  word under the cursor

In MS Word 2007 - first it selects word, then all line, then deselct everything and then starts over

After I contacted support, HP promptly mailed me new mouse for replacement, but it has the same issue.

I also have small wireless mouse from IEssentials, it works perfectly and without this problem.

Rgds,

Konstantin

HP Recommended

This is how it looks in MS Word2007

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem.  The CEO wanted a wireless mouse and I bought two of these!  I am really regretting it now.  I tried different drivers, tried it on a different OS, and smack it a few times.  Nothing works.  Either this was a design flaw or HP being... HP.

edit:  Also, its not just the left mouse button.  It happens to the middle and right mouse button also.  Seriously, wtf!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same exact problem... I wish someone would pay attention to these boards and post a solution... this is certainly annoying and seems to be a design defect as the replacement mice do the same thing.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

Mouse model: FHA-3410

Click and hold is recognized as repeating double-clicks.  In Excel, cannot select a series of rows properly. In Notepad results in alternating selection/deselection of  word under the cursor

The MS wireless mouse I had, worked really well until it was dropped and broken by my son. I foolishly (in hindsight) went for this one and am regretting 😞

HP Recommended

Extremely disappointed. I've had this same problem with the mice (I needed four). Both on a HP laptop and on my Mac. So I don't think there's a software solution for it, it's just a mouse with a new unwanted feature.

But what really, really annoys me is that HP Netherlands never called back. Not once. I had to remind tech support there twice that I waited for an answer. First time they promised me to get back the same week. They didn't. When I called the next week I was promised they would give me a status update the same day. Still waiting, it's been five days again.

Today I went to the computer shop and exchanged them for Logitech. I really dislike being ignored by suppliers. HP, treat your customer better next time. Even the small ones.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.