Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Assignor Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 51 of 51
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I upgrade my notebook to an SSD

Just reporting:
Mine went smoothly. I had trepidation with so many user group failures. HP Pavilion 17t with 2TB hdd and 128GB Samsung 850 EVO m.2 SSD. With the SSD C Drive too undersized (98 temaining for C) for it to even hold Windows, applications, and the big data tthat ends up in appdata. But so many write that HP didn't design to take large capacity SSDs. With the Samsung 850 EVO rated near the top in performance I bought the 1TB. I had planned the 500GB but it seemed never in stock. People I read were substituting other brands or other models of Samsung for their failures compared to what they were upsizing — or doing a clean install. I simply cloned it with Samsungs Data Migration Wizard and a cheap m.2 SATA USB adapter. Fearing it would not recognize or only recognize 128GB I fired it up before reassembly and it came right on full speed. 30 minutes to clone and 30 minutes to disassemble and reassemble using HP’s PDF manual for the model. HP performance test came out amazing.
I’d recommend upsizing to anyone.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation