Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-da0032ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to get another 8gb stick to double the RAM in the HP 15 that I just bought.  There are 2 slots and it came with 8gb originally.  I've searched but I can't find what the max is for my laptop.  Can I do 16gb? Will mine handle it? If so that'll be great since it's bogging down with the games.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah, at least according to your specifications.

Hope that helps.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @SeriouslyRobert,

It'll accept a maximum of 32GB (16*2) of DDR4-2400 memory.

Any reputable brand should work and you have options from Crucial.

For replacement procedures, you do have the Maintenance and Service Guide and you may also be able to find a relevant video on the HP Support YouTube channel. However, without the proper safety precautions and experience, computer part replacements can go terribly. Therefore, if you do not feel confident, I highly recommend you find a technician at a local computer repair shop. 

By the way, seems like HP support is currently down and I can't access the Maintenance and Service, but the link is there for you.

Please note that any damage incurred through the normal usage or upgrade process of a user will most likely not be covered under HP's standard manufacturing warranty unless an additional ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) plan was purchased.

Kind regards,

Eddy

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

HP Recommended

I'm fairly good with computers and have fixed my fair share. I actually already opened it to see that it has 2 slots because the website said 1 slot of 8gb and I couldn't even find specs for slots.

Anyway, what about this one? https://www.newegg.com/nemix-ram-8gb-260-pin-ddr4-so-dimm/p/0RM-0026-01AT6?&quicklink=true

I'm pretty broke and just looking for the cheapest thing that'll work well. 

HP Recommended

Or is it better to spend $5 more and get the GSKILL?

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-8gb-260-pin-ddr4-so-dimm/p/N82E16820232760

HP Recommended

Ah, I understand. Just opening the laptop and doing replacements shouldn't theoretically void the warranty, by the way.

That should theoretically work well - I've had decent experiences with Newegg. I guess just please keep in mind that the memory will end up running at 2400MHz because of the RAM stick already present in your system.

I'm not really familiar with the brands you posted so I'm not quite sure tbh. I would personally stick with what's cheaper.

Kind regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Oh... on another support thread I saw someone say that mine was 2666. Are you sure it's 2400? I'll get that if so. Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

Yeah, at least according to your specifications.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Got it thanks. I didn't see that when I went in the specs. I'll get the GSKILL for a couple bucks more. They always have great ratings and have lifetime warranties. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.