Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp zbook 15 g3 mobile workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There are DDR4 RAMs available like 2133 MHz, 2400 MHz, 2666 MHz e.t.c. My question is that, is there any limit for the zbook 15 g3 to support a specific Maximum or Minimum MHz of RAM. Kindly help, I'm going to buy the Hp zbook 15 g3 mobile workstation in near future, that's why I'm collecting information so I don't purchase the wrong item for upgrading it, not knowing that if it will support or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention...

That info on the link I posted may not be exactly the same.

This is the specs link for the HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation:

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c04944564

The information regarding the processor and memory speed would be the same as in the link I posted yesterday.

Yes, even if you use a 3200 MHz memory chip, it is only going to run at 2133 MHz.

I would try and keep the additional memory you buy to 2400 Mhz, which would be more than adequate.

All of the processors offered only run the memory at 2133 MHz.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the HP specs for that model...

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04832209.pdf

Page 8 has the memory specs.

The processors will run the memory at 2133 MHz.

You can install PC4-2400, or PC4-2666 as well, but that memory will 'downclock' or 'bridge' to 2133 Mhz.

I would try and get PC4-2400 memory if you can.

It is probably the cheapest and easiest to find.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Thanks  for replying to my question,

You mean that, even if I use a 3000 MHz RAM, the processor will make it run only on 2133 MHz ?

Also the link that you provided of quick specs of system was of hp zbook 15 studio g3, but I'm going to buy the Hp zbook 15 g3 mobile workstation. Is there any difference in there supporting of MHz of RAM or is it the same with both of them?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention...

That info on the link I posted may not be exactly the same.

This is the specs link for the HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation:

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c04944564

The information regarding the processor and memory speed would be the same as in the link I posted yesterday.

Yes, even if you use a 3200 MHz memory chip, it is only going to run at 2133 MHz.

I would try and keep the additional memory you buy to 2400 Mhz, which would be more than adequate.

All of the processors offered only run the memory at 2133 MHz.

HP Recommended

Thanks allot!

Your information was really helpful for me!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.