Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK 15-ac098TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hii there, I am using HP notebook 15ac098tu and i did want to install an application in my notebook which is hooking me up while giving an error "TPM(Trusted platform module) is not installed. Please install TPM and try again.". I tried to intall it by using 'add a legacy hardware' option from the device manager, but no changes. Please help me to install my application by enabling TPM.

Thank You!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Have you checked in BIOS for TPM setting?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

No, i don't know how to do that. Please provide more information and steps to do.

HP Recommended

@Samyak123

Sorry for jumping in. TPM is a piece of hardware. Please check Device Manager to see: does it have this piece of hardware or not ?

tpmx.png

Your machine may not have TPM module at all.

Actually your machine came with FreeDDOS 2.0. I don't know what is Windows 10 on your laptop now but you can. What is it ? And which application requires TPM ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, It is listed in the list of devices. But still the app could not be installed. The app I want to install is Samsung Flow.

12.png

I have also checked TPM by using tpm.msc, there it says to enable it in BIOS.

123.png

Please provide me steps for enabling it in BIOS.

Thank You!

HP Recommended
Someone please help!!!
HP Recommended

@Samyak123

If you do not know how to enter BIOS and change settings I think you need to get someone who is a little more technically inclined to do this for you. A wrong change in there can cause a no-boot laptop.

Enter BIOS by tapping away at F10 key immediately after powering on. if this does not work restart and start tapping Esc key to halt boot and bring up the menu where F10 BIOS setup will be an option. Look for TPM in BIOS to determine if it can be Enabled. If so, make the change then Save & Exit out of BIOS setup.

HP Recommended
I am enough technical CherylG to do that. I have already checked BIOS but i could not find the option for TPM. So please provide the step by step guide.

Thank you!
HP Recommended

@Samyak123

In my BIOS it is listed under the Security tab. 

I did not mean to underestimate your technical ability. I was simply responding to your remark when I asked if you had checked in BIOS for TPM setting.

"No, i don't know how to do that. Please provide more information and steps to do".

HP Recommended
In my BIOS under the security tab there are only option one is administrator password and second one is power on password.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.