Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-dy0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Unsuccessful getting customer's laptop out of "S" mode after extensive online help - no go.  Tried to re-image SSD with Windows 10 but issues with not able to install (missing partition -- see details gibberish).  

Working on Diskpart and formatting is taking forever.  I tried to remove the SSD (which I believe is an M.2 type) but I cannot get this back cover off!!!!  Afraid of breaking the cheap plastic.  I've removed all screws (including those under the skid cushions and tried to pry the edges up with a plastic tool, but I'm at a point I feel I'm going to break it getting the final area disconnected.

what am I missing here?  

Need to get his resolved by tomorrow of the customer heads back to college with no computer!   

Frustrated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@WCS-Will, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Notebook - 15-dy0013dx comes with Windows 10 Home in S mode (1b) pre-installed.

To know how to remove the SSD from the PC, refer to page 33 of the Service manual.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@WCS-Will, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Notebook - 15-dy0013dx comes with Windows 10 Home in S mode (1b) pre-installed.

To know how to remove the SSD from the PC, refer to page 33 of the Service manual.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the manual download!!!  I was so close -- did all the right removals BUT removing the back off for the very first time probably is what stopped me.  It felt stuck and if I pulled any harder my gut said I was going to break/crack the back.  

Just wondered if there was yet another hidden screw I was missing so elected not to keep going.  Based on the manual, I just needed to pull it -- even if it cracked.

NOTE to self:  Windows 10 in S mode -- sux.  No way to get out of it even though online instructions indicated there was.  The options were greyed out and we know what that means.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@WCS-Will

As the PC comes pre-installed with Windows 10 Home in S mode (1b), it is not recommended/possible to change the same.

Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.