Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello!

My question sounds a little strange doesn't it?!! I have bought a HP Pavilion dv7 1285DX two months ago. I just don't know how to remove the battery from the laptop! Sounds crazy, I am using HP laptop for 5 years but I couldn't figure out how the hell should I take the battery off for this new guy! Would anyone please tell me what to do. If you know how to do it, please show it with a picture or something, or introduce a website or video or something.
Thank you and all of the comments are highly appreciated.

Siar

Message Edited by Siar on 10-13-2009 02:26 AM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Follow these steps:-

BE VERY CAREFUL !!!

Before you begin any removal or installation procedures:

1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the

computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on,

and then shut it down through the operating system.

2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.

3. Disconnect the power cord.

4. Remove the battery by following these steps:

a. Turn the computer upside down with the front panel

toward you.

b. Slide and hold the battery release latch 1 to the left.

(The front edge of the battery disengages from

the computer.)

c. Lift the front edge of the battery
2 up and swing it back.

d. Remove the battery.

Reverse the above procedure to install the battery.

If you find my advice useful, give me a kudos !!!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi

Follow these steps:-

BE VERY CAREFUL !!!

Before you begin any removal or installation procedures:

1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the

computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the computer on,

and then shut it down through the operating system.

2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.

3. Disconnect the power cord.

4. Remove the battery by following these steps:

a. Turn the computer upside down with the front panel

toward you.

b. Slide and hold the battery release latch 1 to the left.

(The front edge of the battery disengages from

the computer.)

c. Lift the front edge of the battery
2 up and swing it back.

d. Remove the battery.

Reverse the above procedure to install the battery.

If you find my advice useful, give me a kudos !!!
HP Recommended
Dear Comuleech,

Thank you so much for the solution, that was really hard for me in order to use force for the removal process! I think the main trick is to pull up after pulling back and holding the battery as well! But anyway I have succeeded to take off my first HP Pavilion dv7 battery!
HP Recommended

Hello, Im kind of having the same problem here, the latch i think its stuck and wont go all the way to the left , it stops at the middle and I cant remove the battery out, can you suggest me something? Thanks

HP Recommended

The trick is to move the latch more forcefully all the way to the left.  This pushes the battery up for removal.

HP Recommended

Actually, you end up breaking the sliding door. Just use a screwdriver to pry the battery and slide the door. Yep, its that difficult.

HP Recommended

I have a G7-1075dx and the battery release slide will not budge. Am I missing something? I do not want to do any damage to

the mechanism.

HP Recommended
Google result has more tips for you to remove a laptop battery.

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&newwindow=1&source=hp&q=How+to+remove+laptop+batt...

If just want a replacement HP dv7 battery, may this one can fit for your laptop.
http://www.battery-center.net/hp-pavilion-dv7-battery.html

12-Cell and 8-Cell option, long lasting.
HP Recommended

This is absolutely insane.  I'm using a screwdriver to try to pry the release slide and pressing hard enough to physically deform the slide latch and it is not moving at all. 

HP Recommended

Newer laptops have little tiny screws with a star shape head rather than phillips. The scres are under little black stickers! Very hard to find and not very common tool! My new ENVY won't turn on... going to be taking it back under warranty!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.