Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p250nu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I want to ask what's the easiest way to remove the base cover of the laptop when all screwdrivers are removed?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Be sure you get the ones under the rubber feet. See pages 49-52 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

Also be very careful of the ribbon cables going from under the top cover to the motherboard. Very easy to break the connectors if the top cover pops up when you are trying to remove it. 

I use an old credit card or other plastic card like last years health insurance card. Find a place, usually near the front or a corner, where there is a visible gap between upper and lower halves. You may have to help it with a fingernail just to get things started. Work the card into the gap and begin sliding it right and left to start a zipper process as the plastic clips let go.  Once you have more than a few inches of the top and bottom half separated the rest should come pretty easy. If it is hung up you have likely missed a screw. 

It will pop back together way easier than it comes apart. 

Post back with any further questions and please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

HP Recommended

@IGR005

It is the top cover you remove.

Your manual here.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04511833

Start on page 50-52

HP Pavilion 15-p000 Notebook PC series - FRU Remove/Replace Videos (Intel)

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=6936226&MEID=43AD785A-0F0E-4B5E-AF01-E1DF814905A3

Click on top cover.

REO

HP Recommended

Thank you! I'm glad I asked! I was going to brake my laptop. So I find a gap and with in my case flat screw driver go around the cover to unlink the cover and other parts. Then carefully put it nearby and work on the laptop. Is that allright?

HP Recommended

@IGR005

That's it.

Just take your time and you should do fine.

REO

HP Recommended

If the screwdriver is plastic. Metal will leave ugly marks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.