Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
What about on a HP Pavillion g4 Notebook PC
product number: B5R68UAR#ABA
HP Recommended
i am not able to lock my touchpad which is creating alot of problems while typing.. it causes messing up while typing..
HP Recommended

I viewed the solution.  Luckily nothing had frozen or was flashing. I did notice that before I saw the light a small screen appeared on the p.c. and showed a hand and a lline through it.  I think I must have hit something I wasn't supposed to hit. But, I did take your advise and tapped the left hand side of the black area and it went away. I 'm not sure what the red light meant, but, I know or I believe it shouldn't have been on once I saw the small picture with the line going through it. Thanks for helping. 

HP Recommended

BSSOBUA#ABA

HP Recommended

Touchpad light is red and touchpad does not work

product information is:  BSSOBUA#ABA

HP Recommended

What if the fn + spacebar shortcut doesn't work? 

What is the non-shortcut way of doing this?

HP Recommended

I cannot figure how to turn off the touchpad light.

HP Recommended

thanks for that tid bit of info solved my question i think iam gonna look into the manual! thanks again

HP Recommended

Top left corner of touchpad has a small light about the size of a ball point pen point.  Tap this space to turn on or off the light.  I just loaded Windows 10 and now the touchpad light has to be on for the touchpad to work.  Prior to the load, the touchpad light had to be off for the touchpad to work.  Have Fun.

HP Recommended
Dear Sir /Madam I have hp pavilion g4 in which my touch pad can't function, especially touchpad light and on/off function doesn't work, if you have any solution or link please mention after the text.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.