Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • hi i bought this laptop some days ago i wanna check if i can upgrade it in future like ssd or ddr4 Ram currently it has 1tb HDD and ddr3 Ram.
  • Model number is (X7U12UA#ABA)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

-You can upgrade to an SSD sataIII by replacing the Hard drive in the PC. It will improve everyday performance a lot.

- You can upgrade RAM with DDR3L  1600  SODIMM up to 16GB (2x8GB). You can not insert DDR4 RAM.

Hope it helps and let me know if you need any further help,

David

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

-You can upgrade to an SSD sataIII by replacing the Hard drive in the PC. It will improve everyday performance a lot.

- You can upgrade RAM with DDR3L  1600  SODIMM up to 16GB (2x8GB). You can not insert DDR4 RAM.

Hope it helps and let me know if you need any further help,

David

HP Recommended

will it void my warranty doing so? and can i hookup external graphic card dock to this laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes it will void warranty unless the work is performed by authorised service centre. You can't hook up an externa graphics card, as for this you would need a thunderbolt port and you have USB 3.1 Gen1 ports on the PC.

Hope it helps,

David

Click thumbs up for thanks

Click in accept solution if answered your question.

HP Recommended

It can be the model

Kingston A400 SSD 120 GB

. Is any adapter necessary?

HP Recommended

Hi @JBangerter1_ 

Do you have the same model 15-bk193ms ?

You want to insert an SSD?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Yes!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.