Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-j052nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I shut down my laptop last night normally as always, tried to turn it on today to find it dead

Nothing literally happens when i press the power button, the only led that gives signs of life is the charging led, it turns white when i connect the pc through ac without the battery and orange with the battery in it

I repeat, nothing happens when i press the power button, i cant even boot into the bios, not even the leds from the keyboars turns on, no fan no anything, totally dead

I tested all the components such as ram, hdd, ssd and wifi module, they all works fine

I bough my laptop 2 years ago from this april
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Pressing F10 Did not work, again the PC is dead

I tried with the hp tool flash drive again and this time i see the flash drive flashing after that the caps lock light start to blink twice

I think the BIOS is corrupted but i can't get it to work, i will just send it to repair, im done with HP, never gona buy anything HP branded ever again

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @BK-201,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I have read about your issue about your HP Envy 15 Notebook and it having startup issues.  Try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Please let me know how this goes.

To show that you like, or are thankful of my post, kindly click the Thumbs up below.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Ok i changed the motherboard to a new one with the exact same hp part spare code, conected it through ac only and now it gives some signs of live, block mayus light flashes only once, power button light stays on, wifi light on amber, ac light white and one little led on the side is ON and no flashing (i think its the cpu indicator) i can also hear the fans and the laptop gets warm after a while, nothing else happens, the screen is black all the time

I think the processor is also dead, what should i do? (Tried the hard reset again and nothing)
My next laptop will be an Asus though, this hp was my 3rd one since 2006
HP Recommended

Hi @BK-201,

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows. 

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Your first link didn't work because as i said before the screen is black, the second link is broken

I tried restoring the BIOS downloading it and creating a usb flash drive recovery hp_tool, i pressed win+B and the power button for 2 second and nothing  happened

I used this guide from hp: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833#recover

Not the BIOS, not the motherboard, i think its the CPU's fault, where can i buy a new one for my laptop model?

Or maybe i should try a different bios recovery method?

HP Recommended

Hey BK-201,

Here are the links for computer won't start http://ow.ly/YhQSY  and Bios reset http://ow.ly/UM5N6.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I think i made some progress, after hard resetting and presing win + b i can see the caps lock light blink twice
HP Recommended

Hey @BK-201,

That indicates that the BIOS is corrupt. Try pressing F10 at the very starting of the Notebook. Restoring BIOS default settings. http://ow.ly/QwZG300rmdR

Let me know.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Pressing F10 Did not work, again the PC is dead

I tried with the hp tool flash drive again and this time i see the flash drive flashing after that the caps lock light start to blink twice

I think the BIOS is corrupted but i can't get it to work, i will just send it to repair, im done with HP, never gona buy anything HP branded ever again
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.