Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envyx360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello! I recently purchased the 15.6 inch HP Envyx360, and the pen broke. The tip came off, and I can't find a replacement tip for it literally ANYWHERE. The box says that it came with replacement tips, but it didn't. Anyways, I really don't want to spend any more money on another pen since I am already broke after purchasing this laptop. The pen I own is the HP MPP2.0 Tilt Pen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Ray4826,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I just finished a chat at support.hp.com within the last hour. I purchased a HP Spectre x360 14 a few months ago and it came with a HP MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen. I asked about replacement tips for the HP Tilt Pen and I was informed that replacement tips are not available for the HP Tilt Pen. HP makes tips for other models and I haven't a clue why their flagship pen is relegated to essentially a throwaway.  I've tried to understand why HP would do something like that and I have yet to come up with a single reason other than they are possibly hoping that a certain percentage of the people might be foolish enough to purchase another pen. I can't think of anything else. It's my understanding that if your device utilizes NTRIG and MPP, it will support the use of the MS Surface pen. Don't take my word for that. Double check that for yourself.  Two of the colors are on sale right now and MS even has the foresight to understand that the tips are going to wear out and make them readily available for purchase. That is the route I am going. It's absurd that I have to go to another manufacturer to fully utilize my HP device for longer than a few months. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Ray4826,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Okay, thanks! I have my warranty until the end of 2021, so hopefully, they give me the pen tips for free! It was advertised to come with extra, but mine most certainly did not. Also, why is the battery life so horrible? I use this laptop for school, and having literally three tabs open and dimmed down gives me a max battery life of around 3 hours. This is way less than the 12 hours advertised.

HP Recommended

Also, is it strange that while using these three tabs? My fans irregularly turn on and off. It really bugs me, and I have no idea why it does this. I made sure the settings were on 'balanced' but it did nothing. Do you think that HP could check it out for me? If it doesn't get fixed, I think I may just enact the warranty and return it, then buy a different one, probably not from here.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I will look into the MS pen, but I agree that it is frustrating. Why couldn't they just sell it as a regular product? Then I would be easily able to purchase extra tips/replacements. As far as I looked, the only way you can even get this pen, which is the best one they sell, is to buy an ENTIRELY NEW laptop and pay for the additional fee that the MPP2.0 pen costs. Anyways, I just got my laptop around Christmastime, and already the battery life is worse than a Chromebook! There are so many problems with it (Although not too serious), and I really wish I had looked at more reviews and forums before blowing almost $1,000. Anyways, nice to know I am not the only one who thinks that the distribution of this pen is, simply put, not the best

HP Recommended

I found our exact pen on the HP website in Singapore. That is the only place I could find it. I actually had 2 new Envy's right before I eventually bought this Spectre. One was a 13 and the other was a 15.6.  This was also around Christmas time  when Best Buy was incredibly liberal with their return policy. That allowed me to take home and test drive the laptops until I found one I really liked. The point is, I didn't have a single problem with either Envy. In fact, I liked them both quite a bit and it was a tough decision to return them and pay the extra money for the Spectre. Have you utilized HP Support Assist or set up a chat or a remote access with tech support? If not, I highly recommend you doing so. They have been super every single time I have contacted them. They are very good and I am confident that they can help you with your problem.  There is also an HP Hardware Diagnostics app available for you to use as well. I am not what you would consider much of a "computer guy", but using all of these built in features have solved every problem I've ever had. Anyhow, good luck and I hope you get your problem fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.