Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hello HP Owners,<br><br>I am wanting to install Ubuntu on my HP pro book 200 but need to confide the bios/Boot Menu to boot from CD or USB how?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To boot into the BIOS you press F10 immediately after powering on the notebook.  When in the BIOS look for an option or tab that says "System Configuration."  When in that menu you should see a second option which says "boot options."  Select boot options and move the optical drive to the top of the list.  save the changes and reboot the PC with the install disc in the drive.  This should allow you to load the Ubuntu install and complete your installation.  I hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

To boot into the BIOS you press F10 immediately after powering on the notebook.  When in the BIOS look for an option or tab that says "System Configuration."  When in that menu you should see a second option which says "boot options."  Select boot options and move the optical drive to the top of the list.  save the changes and reboot the PC with the install disc in the drive.  This should allow you to load the Ubuntu install and complete your installation.  I hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
What If it says to enter an administrator password?
HP Recommended

What do I do if the bios does not appear and all I get is a blue screen asking for a password that it is refusing to accept? Is the computer dead? I can't access bios at all on any key. Please help. Finding support for this on HP .. in other words impossible.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.