Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp envy x360 15m-ed0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

 Hey I just recently bought new hp envy x360 15inch laptop.

After unboxing i booted the laptop for first time. Windows 10 was pre installed. I updated all the drivers and bios using hp support assistant. After that i noticed an yellow exclamation mark on battery option at support assist i ran a battery check it was passed but asked me to calibrate the battery. Screen shot attached. 

I searched the internet for procedure and found method for calibration on hp website. I calibrated manually by performing first extensive memory test after charging upto 100% then i charged my laptop once it was completely discharged. I left it ti charge for 4 hours the charging light turned white after that i removed my charger. I turned on laptop normally and checked battery percent age it was 100%. After that i opened support assistant it still showed the same calibrate (20).

After that i also calibrated laptop in bios battery check it took about 2.5 hours. Still the error was present.

Kindly help as it's a brand new laptop and advice what should i do? 

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

i also tried uninstalling hp support assistant & hp diagnostics and installing it again. Also Bios is updated to latest version

Kindly advice what should i do?

HP Recommended

@Maisam96

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's do a system reset: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why on earth would you suggest a full system reset of Windows 10? That has a huge impact on the user and it doesn't remotely look like it will solve the problem. HP Support shouldn't be so superficial in troubleshooting.

There are one of two issues here. There's a software issue with HP Support Assistant or a hardware issue with the battery system. Which is it?

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue regarding a HP Pavilion, discovered after booting the laptop for first time. I have updated the BIOS and also HP Support Assistant Sw, and then I have calibrated the battery using the same methods you have described (manual calibration and also using UEFI function (2,5 hours)).
The issue remains. All the battery checks using UEFI are passed/OK.
I think that may be a "false positive".

HP Recommended

That sounds likely, I need to try the UEFI diagnostic.

I've believed that this was an HP software issue all along. They used to have the ability to troubleshoot and repair issues like this in the past. I really struggle when I see suggestions like wipe out your laptop and restore the configuration from scratch. They're not doing the work they need to in order to support customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.