Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I figured you already know where to get memory. Try to get one just like the 8 gb you already bought. 

HP Recommended

and thats ram just making sure?

HP Recommended

Memory = RAM....Just buy the same thing you got before to go from 6 gigs to 12. Once you get the SSD we can help you install it and get software on it. And make sure your dad is cool with all this I would not want to intervene in something that is not my business with somebody else's kid. 

HP Recommended

Yeah there cool with it 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answers i was just wanting to get this out of the way before i bought it and it didnt work

HP Recommended

like a new motherboard thats what i was going to do 

HP Recommended

That (new motherboard) was never gonna happen...glad we let you know that. Like I said, post back once you have the SSD and we can take it from there. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

alright i will in this discussioun?

HP Recommended

Yeah it will automatically notify me if you post something new here even if a month from now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.