Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion x360

Hello,

I bought an hp x360 a month ago, and everything works perfect except for a very very annoying problem that I keep facing and never found a real solution, and I noticed that a lot of people are facing the same problem.

The keyboard stops working completely sometimes without a known cause, and start working again after like a day of restarting and turning off.

The keyboard works completely fine in BIOS mode, still it doesn’t work in Windows, and the fingerprint on the keyboard still works when all other keys are not.

I did uninstall the keyboard driver and restart as hp has shown in instructions, this never helps. I do it like 10 times whenever I face the problem without getting it solved. And I did all other instructions given to other people with the same problem and nothing has ever directly helped. I usually turn it off or put it to sleep and wait for many hours and suddenly the keyboard works completely fine until it suddenly stops working again. 

It usually takes 6-12 hrs for the keyboard to start working, but this time the keyboard is not working for more the 30 hrs, and I have tried everything and got really frustrated. 

This is really annoying and unexpected and really has affected my work on the notebook, I have faced it 4 times in like a month. I have always been using hp laptops and the previous experiences were perfect and I have never faced any problem.

Is there anything I can do to get this problem permanently solved and not having to deal with it every week?

Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I really need to get this problem fixed soon, this is really affecting my work. 

HP Recommended

@Karamdarwish

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you run a Keyboard Test from F2 Diagnostic to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Keyboard

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you but no this hasn’t helped I tried it before.

Anyway, I went back to the store and they tried everything also, still nothing fixed it. They replaced it for me with another lap top.

This is the first time I face a trouble with an hp lap top and by searching the internet I found many users face this problem with hp pavilion I hope you fix it in newer editions.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Thank you for keeping me posted

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.