Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 2000
  • good community, I have an hp 2000 i3 gen 3. I had a problem with the hdd cable. I replaced the hdd cable and when I connect the hard disk the laptop does not start, if I disconnect the hdd from the connector the laptop starts. what to do ? hard reset does not work. has anyone else experienced this? there may be a short circuit on the motherboard
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

78F35EEA-EFDC-4B94-88BF-2763FDD9C752.jpeg

HP Recommended

Please identify the hdd cable. There are several variations and it is very possible to get one that is not wired the same as the original

HP Recommended

544D7222-2320-4AE3-B90C-A7B303CCE251.png

 like this , i try 2 cable is same thing , i try in odd conetor is same 

HP Recommended

OK we need the exact model number of the laptop. The connector you are showing is for G4, G6 and G7. Is that what you have? But it seems if it clicks into the interface it would work. Odd that it can click into the HDD or ODD connector?

HP Recommended

the connection from odd is the same as that from hdd. laptop model is : (

HP 2000-2b20NR

) . the connection cable does the same on hdd and on odd, the hdd cable probably looks the same but they are not all the same, if possible a model for the hdd cable and where I can buy it

HP Recommended

Conector is cn 525

HP Recommended

Manual shows this for HDD cable:

Hard Drive Hardware Kit, includes: 685089-001
(2a) Hard drive bracket
(2b) Hard drive cable

Service Manual 

685089-001 Hp Hard Drive Caddy 1000-1110LA 1000-1320tu 2000-2a09ca | eBay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.