Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
PAvilion dv6-6c51sl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I own a laptop: HP PAvilion dv6-6c51sl (Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64 bit, hard drive: 500 GB, RAM: 8 GB, product number: A7P35EA # ABZ, serial number: [edited], with two video cards: Intel HD Graphics Family (it is the integrated 8 GB one), and Radeon HD 7470M (it is the dedicated 1 GB one) and both use the same driver: No. 8.882.2.3000 dated 30.9.2011, manufacturer AMD), and last week , I tried to update the video card driver: Intel HD Graphics Family, downloading the driver: n. 8.882.2.3000 (of November 18, 2011; file: sp55092.exe of 339.0 MB) from your site, but unfortunately the installation failed, signaling: package installation error.

I also tried to install the driver n. 8.15.10.247 Rev (of 18 November 2011; file: sp55098.exe of 84.9 MB) always from your Site, ie at this address:

https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/51...

and also in this case, the installation failed, signaling for the driver: n. 8.15.10.247 Rev .: the system does not have the minimum requirements for installation.

I tried to install all these drivers even in Safe Mode, but the installation reported the same errors as above.

Before installing all the drivers I listed above, I deleted the drivers already pre-installed in WS 7, using the program: Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode, but unfortunately the final result was always negative, like described above.

Later, I downloaded from the Intel site, the program: Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant, which did a full scan of my PC, with a very detailed report, in which in the Graphics section is written:

"A custom computer from the computer manufacturer is installed on the computer.
The Intel Driver & Support Assistant cannot update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the computer manufacturer's custom driver may cause technical problems. For information on the latest driver for your computer, contact Hewlett-Packard (HP). "

I would like to update the video card driver, because I tried to update my Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium, with Windows 10, but it is not possible, because, at the beginning of the update, it signals to update the video card drivers, and during the upgrade to Windows 10, the screen of my PC is turned off, and the writing appears that it is impossible to complete the installation and the files are deleted.

If anyone has any suggestions, I thank you in advance.

P.S: The current text is the result of the translation with Google.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cjamango_32
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Microsoft requires that your computer hardware meet the following system requirements before you can install Windows 10.

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion. 

If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended, your PC will still work, but it will become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses because you will no longer receive software updates, including security updates, from Microsoft.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Cjamango_32
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Microsoft requires that your computer hardware meet the following system requirements before you can install Windows 10.

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion. 

If you continue to use Windows 7 after support has ended, your PC will still work, but it will become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses because you will no longer receive software updates, including security updates, from Microsoft.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning,

in the coming days I'll try to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 and I'll let you know about it.
Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hi,

on November 27th I installed WS 10 Home following this illustrated guide and the installation was successful:

https://www.techpedia.it/index.php/13-windows/windows-7/313-come-aggiornare-windows-7-a-windows-10-s...

in addition, WS 10 automatically updated the drivers of the 2 video cards during installation, with 2 more recent drivers: n. 9.17.10.4459 del 19.5.2016 video card Intel HD Graphics 3000 and n. 15.201.1151.1008 of 4.11.2015 for AMD Radeon HD 7400M series video card (instead of a single driver No. 8.882.2.3000 dated 09/30/2011, which ran both video cards, already installed in the laptop at the time of purchase).

I'm glad that the installation of WS 10 was successful, without problems.
Good weekend to you all.

HP Recommended

@Cjamango_32

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.