Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible, M
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had read in reviews of my notebook that it isn't yet compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607). Is this still true? How can I find out when it will be compatible? Thanks....Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jim114

Thanks for the update, Jim

I'm glad it worked out for you and I also acknowledge the fact that you had trouble finding the compatibility information,

I just want to let you know that I had that covered in my second post, nonetheless, comparing this situation with poison was a little dramatic 😛

This update would not lock your computer considering it's a minor update from Microsoft and doesn't require any hardware upgrades either,

So nothing to worry about there.

Just one last clarification to help you out, MAC iOS is similar to Microsoft OS as they are both Operating systems, the reason we have multiple support organisations is because as you know HP doesn't own Microsoft and if you need support on products not owned by HP, you will need to call the manufacturer or that product.

Although, I'm glad your computer is safe and sound,

I hope you have a great day, ahead.

Feel Free to post your queries for any assistance (if need be)

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Jim114

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you have a new HP Spectre x360 Convertible laptop,

And want to know if it's compatible with windows 10 Anniversary update,

here's the list of HP products tested with Windows 10 and beyond: Click here

However, If you wish to download the anniversary update via Microsoft, here's a link for that: Click here

(please go through the system requirements and warranty details on your user guide before upgrading the OS)

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle, and thanks for your response. I clicked the website but it doesn't mention anything about Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) that I can find. The model # of my HP Spectre x360 Convertible is 13-w013dx. Could you just let me know yes or no if this model is compatible with Windows 10 AU? Thanks again....Jim

HP Recommended

@Jim114

Thank you for replying,

I understand that the link could be confusing at times,

but the details of obtaining a copy of windows 10 AU is available on the 2nd link.

If your computer was compatible with the windows 10 AU it would have automatically popped the question of whether or not your would like to update the same.

Please go through the details on how the windows 10 AU update works: Click here

Keep me posted,

And have a great day, ahead

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle, again. I got on a chat line with HP and just asked if their new laptop was yet compatible with the Windows AU. The chat person said that was a Microsoft problem and that I should contact them. I took exception to this and said HP sold the computer and Windows OS to me, not Microsoft. After some discussions I asked to speak to the woman's supervisor, which I did. I explained I just had a question on compatibility, and they never answered this question. What HP did was just get me to download and install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, which I did. It took quite a while to get all this done. It worked, and I'm on the AU now, and all seems to be working correctly.

The supervisor did call me twice on my cell phone to see how things were going, and for that I appreciate his concern. So, my question is resolved, but not exactly in the fashion I would have liked. It's a bit like asking if that drink is poison, and the way to find out is to drink it. I installed the AU without HP ever confirming or denying that the Spectre x360 was compatible with the AU. If it had locked up my Spectre, I don't know what I would have done.

I'm not complaining -- well, maybe a little -- but I do enjoy my Spectre x360 Convertible laptop. It is a first-class PC. And I do thank the HP Chat supervisor for helping me.

As a side note: I use and enjoy both a PC and a Mac. One advantage that a Mac has over a PC is that when a call is placed to Apple on a problem they can't try to shuffle one off to some other organization -- both the hardware and software are provided by the same company. PC manufacturers don't have that option available to them...Jim

HP Recommended

@Jim114

Thanks for the update, Jim

I'm glad it worked out for you and I also acknowledge the fact that you had trouble finding the compatibility information,

I just want to let you know that I had that covered in my second post, nonetheless, comparing this situation with poison was a little dramatic 😛

This update would not lock your computer considering it's a minor update from Microsoft and doesn't require any hardware upgrades either,

So nothing to worry about there.

Just one last clarification to help you out, MAC iOS is similar to Microsoft OS as they are both Operating systems, the reason we have multiple support organisations is because as you know HP doesn't own Microsoft and if you need support on products not owned by HP, you will need to call the manufacturer or that product.

Although, I'm glad your computer is safe and sound,

I hope you have a great day, ahead.

Feel Free to post your queries for any assistance (if need be)

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On my Kaby Lake Spectre x360 I updated to Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 Pro >after< updating my computer with the newer drivers and BIOS (those few published after August, 2016). I did the "forced" update available at Microsoft's Website. I've had no problems with Anniversary Edition.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.