Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-bc527ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two video cards. One integrated and one discrete(Intel HD 630, NVidia GeForce gtx 1650)

I have a problem with my discrete videocard. code 43 at the screenshot below. with the yellow triangle

Let's describe what I already try:

1. Reinstalled the system

2. Reinstalled drivers in the different orders

3. Reset Residual Current

4. Updated bios

Translate (Windows stopped this device because it reported a problem. (Code 43))

BlackLunx_0-1581610785115.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BlackLunx Greetings from the HP Community!

The error means the graphics device can’t work properly with the display driver and here's what we need to do:

Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as network adapters, monitors, printers, and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update. Though it's likely you already have the most recent driver, if you're having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating the driver.

1. Tap and hold or right-click the Start  button, and then select Device Manager.
  2. On the list of devices, find the device that’s having driver problems (it will often have a yellow exclamation point next to it). Then tap and hold or right-click the device and select Properties.
  3. Select Driver, and then select Update Driver.
  4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software

If a driver update is found, it will install automatically. Select Close when it finishes installing. 

Click here to find and install the latest drivers from the HP website

If an update was recently installed, or you updated your device driver or driver software, you may be able to fix the problem by rolling back the driver to the previous version.  

Note

Windows 10 installs drivers automatically, so you don't have to choose which updates are needed. In rare cases, a specific driver might temporarily cause problems on your device. In this situation, you can prevent the problematic driver from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows updates by rolling back to a previous version.

1. Tap and hold or right-click the Start  button and select Device Manager.
  2. On the list of devices, find the device that’s having driver problems (it will often have a yellow exclamation point next to it). Then tap and hold or right-click the device and select Properties.
  3. Select Driver, and then select Roll Back Driver.

In some cases, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver fixes the error:

1. Select the Start  button. Type device manager in the search box, and select Device Manager from the list of results. 
  2. On the list of devices, find the device that’s having driver problems (it will often have a yellow exclamation point next to it). Then tap and hold or right-click the device and select Uninstall > OK
  3. After the driver uninstalls, tap and hold or right-click the name of your PC (found at the top of the device list) and select Scan for hardware changes. This reinstalls the device driver. 
  4. To see if this fixed the problem, tap and hold or right-click the name of the device again. On the General tab under Device status, you should see the message “This device is working properly.” 

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your answer, but nothing from this list do not help me. Probably I have a problem with the video chip 

HP Recommended

@BlackLunx  I understand your concern, please perform a hardware test using the below steps to confirm the same:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thank, but I follow the instructions and I don't have System Tests  on the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu

HP Recommended

@BlackLunx It wouldn't work unless you install the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details, have you done this?

Also, if you have and yet it doesn't work, look for component tests and run a test on the video card, get back to us with the results.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.