Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-387wm Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been getting messages that my computer is out of Random Access Memory, so I'm thinking of getting a new 16GB RAM module to insert in one of two slots. The original two RAM modules that came with the computer were 4GB, and I added one new 8GB RAM module.

The original 4GB module specs still in my machine are:
Type DDR3
Size 4096 MBytes
Manufacturer Samsung
Max Bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part Number M471B5173DB0-YK0
Week/year 51 / 17

The newer 8GB RAM module I added specs are:
Type DDR3
Size 4096 MBytes
Manufacturer Crucial Technology
Max Bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part Number CT51264BF160B.C16F

Physical memory specs:
Memory Usage 82 %
Total Physical 6.94 GB
Available Physical 1.25 GB
Total Virtual 9.83 GB
Available Virtual 1.11 GB

I looked at the Crucial, UK site to see if they had a RAM module similar to the last one I bought from them but with 16GB, but they didn't have one. Can someone tell me if they know of  a 16 RAM module that would be compatible with my HP 15-387wm Notebook? Are there maybe other techniques to solve the problem with running out of Random Access Memory? I'd be grateful for any help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dawna_R 

HP 15-387wm is an invalid model/product. Is it an HP Notebook - 15-f387wm ? Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04936075

It has 4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) and supports 16GB (2 x 8GB) max therefore one piece of 16GB won't work. You can use the following compatible set

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr3/ct2kit102464bf160b/ct10452298

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.