Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 13-aw2000 (8UY97AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, trust my message finds you well.

I have received my Spectre roughly around two weeks ago as a gift from my Father-in-law. I have made all the necessary updates except for the one for Win11.

I charged the pen with the laptop charging cable as indicated in the leaflet for the first time, I even used it a few times afterwards. I put it away and I grabbed it a few days back to use it, found that it ran out of charge, so I plugged it to charge it just like the first time, it blinked orange once then the light went off. I tried different outlets, different cables and there was nothing. It won't charge and it won't work.

I spoke with HP Support over Whatsapp, the response time is a joke. I mean the agent hasn't replied for 2 days. Last thing they said is that they will check something and get back to me. Two days!

So I had two calls with the HP Support Center, troubleshooting didn't work. They directed me to my local authorized service center for a pen replacement, and they said it should be a problem with the pen as I did nothing wrong. I explained that the laptop was purchased from Kuwait and I am currently in Egypt. They said there wouldn't be a problem, my device is still in warranty and my local service center should be able to transfer the warranty to Egypt once provided with a proof of purchase (which we own) .. They said I should phone the service center first though.

Now I have been trying to reach the service center with absolutely no luck, most numbers are out of service, and if a number rings, no one picks up, even when I call a mobile phone and it shows that they are on a call, they never pick up, I sent them a text to call me back and no one responded. I had to check their Facebook page, they have no prescence there, even the number provided on their page belongs to a restaurant. The only thing that's up to date is the reviews which are horrendous. People speak of them losing their devices,  and conning them into paying for stuff they shouldn't pay for, delayed resolutions, horrible customer care, not reachable on the phone and the list goes on.

Now, I have no clue how you (HP) have trusted this center to be your service provider. I have always thought high of you, and that you would care about your customers.

I don't trust them at all with my pen, and I need a replacement urgently, because I use my laptop for work and online studying. I also have deadlines and I don't know what to do.

Plus, you seriously need to look into that service center of yours in Egypt.

I really hope you can help, this is not the customer experience I was hoping to get from you and I am extremely disappointed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@OmniaAbdo

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@OmniaAbdo

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.