Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion15-cc610ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need motherboard specifications. What is max number of drives i can upgrade to? What is maximum memory i can upgrade to and in what configuration? Can i upgrade CPU to i7 or to 9th generation? Motherboard diagram. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MrUserFriendly , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the laptop.  As you will see, this information is provided for Maintenance and Service Guide IMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP authorized service providers only.  What this tells me is, HP doesn't believe that the owner should do the upgrades unless they are very knowledgeable.

The laptop can support a hard drive and a SSD.  The maximum amount of memory is 32 GB.  Here is the memory and SSD's that are recommended by Crucial Memory.

From the information in the Guide that I provided, I don't believe that you can upgrade the processor.  It only discusses them along with the system board.  Many of HP's laptops have the processors soldered to the motherboard and can only be included at the time of purchase.  You could not upgrade to a 9th generation processor even if it could be upgraded.  They take a specific motherboard (Z390 (300 series).

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MrUserFriendly , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the laptop.  As you will see, this information is provided for Maintenance and Service Guide IMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP authorized service providers only.  What this tells me is, HP doesn't believe that the owner should do the upgrades unless they are very knowledgeable.

The laptop can support a hard drive and a SSD.  The maximum amount of memory is 32 GB.  Here is the memory and SSD's that are recommended by Crucial Memory.

From the information in the Guide that I provided, I don't believe that you can upgrade the processor.  It only discusses them along with the system board.  Many of HP's laptops have the processors soldered to the motherboard and can only be included at the time of purchase.  You could not upgrade to a 9th generation processor even if it could be upgraded.  They take a specific motherboard (Z390 (300 series).

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

@MrUserFriendly 

There are few questions, please allow me to answer one by one

1. What is maximum memory i can upgrade to and in what configuration? 

Yor machine has 2 slots of RAM, supports 32GB of RAM max. It has 8GB on one slot now and you can simply upgrade to 16GB by adding 8GB more

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/pavilion-15-cc610ms/CT13110236

or if you wish, go for 32GB:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/pavilion-15-cc610ms/CT13110201

2. Can i upgrade CPU to i7 or to 9th generation?

No, CPU is soldered to its motherboard. You have to buy the whole System board with i9 (if available).

3.  Motherboard diagram

No, HP does not supply diagrams for ;aptops/notebooks,

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Got it all. Thank you for your help. My 15-cc610ms Pavillion arrived. I already had what i needed when it arrived. I upgraded the memory. I remoed the 8 Gb and added 32 Gb. I removed both the hard drive and the M2 that came with it. i did not know that an M2 would come with it. I put in a 1Tb SSD and a 500 Gb M2 drive, one loaded with my boot and programs and W10 Pro. The other drive is used for data. Once i get another problem solved that i posted, I will register my W10 Pro with Microsoft. It is an awesome machine. In actuality the drive and software that comes with it would be awesone for a regular personal laptop. But i am using it for dedicated music recoring and only go on the internet with it to install new software. THis machine is about the same level as my desktop computer that i use for music editing, mixing and recording. This is generation 8 and my desktop is generation 9 intel. The issue on my other posting is that this laptop requires the use of Boot Manager (GPT) whereas i keep all my drives in MBR mode. And this Boot Manager changed my format to Boot Manager Mode. Anyhoo this is as good as it can get. i have not tried using it yet in either rocording or mixing music. When done it will be extremely awesone, practical and useful. Amazing.  My only song posted so far from around 5 years ago is called Superbowl Chair on Utube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd6ab7sqUrg .

HP Recommended

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @MrUserFriendly .  Fun song!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.