Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP pavilion 15 cx0xxx gaming laptop and i want to upgrade my divice with ssd so i purchase hp ssd s700 m.2 250gb but its is not detected i want to know is this ssd support in my divice or not

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP a...

The supported drive types can be found in chapter 1.

According to the manual, your notebook's M.2 slot supports both SATA and NVMe SSD's.

Where are you not seeing the drive?  In Windows?

In order for the new drive to show up in Windows, you have to initialize it.

Initialize new disks | Microsoft Docs

On several model HP notebooks that come with 2.5" drives, if you want to use the M.2 SSD as a boot drive and you don't see it in the BIOS, you need to temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive.

Then you should be able to install W10 on the SSD and boot from it, even if you don't see it listed as a boot drive in the BIOS.

If it boots up and runs W10, then you can re-connect the 2.5" drive, but you need to remove Windows from the 2.5" drive, or the notebook will always want to boot from the hard drive first, and not the SSD.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

It is HP pavilion 15 cx0xxx

HP Recommended

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP a...

The supported drive types can be found in chapter 1.

According to the manual, your notebook's M.2 slot supports both SATA and NVMe SSD's.

Where are you not seeing the drive?  In Windows?

In order for the new drive to show up in Windows, you have to initialize it.

Initialize new disks | Microsoft Docs

On several model HP notebooks that come with 2.5" drives, if you want to use the M.2 SSD as a boot drive and you don't see it in the BIOS, you need to temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive.

Then you should be able to install W10 on the SSD and boot from it, even if you don't see it listed as a boot drive in the BIOS.

If it boots up and runs W10, then you can re-connect the 2.5" drive, but you need to remove Windows from the 2.5" drive, or the notebook will always want to boot from the hard drive first, and not the SSD.

HP Recommended

My laptop product id is 4QM25PA#ACJ

I CANT SEE SSD DIST ON WINDOWS AS WELL AS IN BIOS ITS NOT SHOWING.i cant see the ssd dish is my laptop support SATA? IF YES ICAN I DETECTE IT

HP Recommended

Ok, then do what I wrote...

Temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive, and try to install W10 on the SSD.

If W10 can't find the SSD, then the drive may be no good and you will need to exchange it.

You may as well get an NVMe drive if your notebook has an Intel core processor because those are at least 3 x faster than a SATA SSD.

HP Recommended

I have intel core processor.I want to know is my divice support sata or not is my laptop capable of hp s700 or not it is SATA III. If sata support then what i do

HP Recommended

I gave you the manual to read...

Chapter 1 clearly states that both SATA and NVMe SSD's are supported.

That is all the help I can provide.

Hard drives Supports 6.35-cm (2.5-in) SATA hard drives in 9.5-mm (.37-in) and 7.0-mm/7.2-mm (.28-in) thicknesses
Support for solid-state drive + hard drive
Support for M.2 solid-state drive
Accelerometer/hard drive protection support
Single hard drive Configurations (2.5-in):
2-TB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm/7.2 mm
1-TB, 7200 rpm, 9.5 mm/7.2 mm
1-TB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm
M.2 solid-state drive, TLC:
256 GB, PCIe
128 GB, PCIe
128 GB, SATA-3
Dual storage Configurations
16 GB PCIe M.2 Optane solid-state drive + 1 TB (7200 rpm) hard drive
256 GB PCIe, NVMe, TLC, M.2 solid-state drive + 1 TB (7200 rpm) hard drive
128 GB SATA-3, TLC, M.2 solid-state drive + 1 TB (5400 rpm) hard drive
128 GB PCIe, NVMe, TLC, M.2, solid-state drive + 2 TB (5400 rpm)
128 GB PCIe, NVMe, TLC, M.2, solid-state drive + 1 TB (7200 rpm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.