Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 11-h010ca x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

My wife gave me her HP Pavilion 11-h010ca x2 and I would like to upgrade the SSD to 500GB or 1TB with either:

1. Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD

CT500MX500SSD4
Configuration ID: CT11439597

M.2/NGFF (2280) Single Sided • 560MB/s Read, 510MB/s Write

or

2. Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD

CT1000MX500SSD4
Configuration ID: CT11444884

M.2/NGFF (2280) Double Sided • 560MB/s Read, 510MB/s Write

The bluetooth on this laptop doesnt work, when I tried to add a bluetooth device, i get the "connecting" message then "we didn't get any response from the device. Try connecting again." I have tried other bluetooth devices and I get the same results. I have verified that the bluetooth devices work since I have paired it with another laptop via bluetooth.

I'm not sure if its because of the windows 10 update, I couldn't confirm because i wasn't sure if the bluetooth worked before the windows 10 was installed). But I have tried, all the troubleshooting I could find online from google searches (Checked the bluetooth settings under device manager,checked bluetooth services(local) settings, Troubleshooting bluetooth in Windows 10 (setting/updates&security/troubleshoot/bluetooth), and nothing seems to work. Even the HP assistant couldn't find or detect any problem with the bluetooth. 

So since I couldn't get the bluetooth to work I might as well upgrade the Wifi Connectivity, unless there's another issue I have missed. I was looking at this as a replacement:

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP Part # 724935-001

I've read on the technical manual that the only options for SSD upgrade from a 64GB is a 128GB, is it still possible to get the 500GB?

I someone could help me with my bluetooth issue or confirm that my replacement parts would work, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Ray:

You should be fine with either of those M.2 SSD's offered by Crucial, since that is what they list for your notebook.

The drives offered by HP don't necessarily mean that is the max.  The drives listed are all they offered at the time.

Wifi:  The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with a Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter.

The wifi/bluetooth disappearing act is a common issue with that model card and the newer builds of W10.

The Broadcom AC card you propose to install would be an excellent choice. 

They are kind of expensive though ($35 - $40) when you go through eBay.ca, but that is the only place I know of where you can find them anymore at a decent price.

Alternatively, you could spend considerably less, and get the Broadcom dual band N version as well...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

The dual band N card has a maximum throughput of 300 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Ray:

You should be fine with either of those M.2 SSD's offered by Crucial, since that is what they list for your notebook.

The drives offered by HP don't necessarily mean that is the max.  The drives listed are all they offered at the time.

Wifi:  The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with a Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter.

The wifi/bluetooth disappearing act is a common issue with that model card and the newer builds of W10.

The Broadcom AC card you propose to install would be an excellent choice. 

They are kind of expensive though ($35 - $40) when you go through eBay.ca, but that is the only place I know of where you can find them anymore at a decent price.

Alternatively, you could spend considerably less, and get the Broadcom dual band N version as well...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

The dual band N card has a maximum throughput of 300 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, Thanks for your help.

I have ordered my parts and went with the BCM943228HMB. I will post up an update once the installs are done.

Thanks again!

Ray

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ray.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.