4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Id different usb ports

HP laptop 17t by200 cto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  I have a 2019 laptop 17t by200.  It has 2 usb ports on left and one on right.  The sales specs say i have:

• 1 usb 3.1 gen 1 type c (data transer only 5 gbs signal rate)
  • 1 usb 3.gen 1 type a  (hp sleep and charge)
  • and: 2 usb 3.1 gen 1 type a (data transfer only)

the manual says I have

• 2 super speed usb
  • 1 usb

So what exactly ports do I have?  and which is which?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
81,402 81,295 10,145 21,802
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Id different usb ports

@McMartin1 

It is a CTO machine, where is the sale specs ? You say It has 2 usb ports on left and one on right. Sounds like

• on the right side, your machine has one USB 2.0 port which is for  Connects a USB device, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides data transfer.
  • on the left side, your machine has 2 USB 3.0 ports which are for Connect a USB device, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provide high-speed data transfer. (same as USB 2.0 but faster).

r-l.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation