Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-u205na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So recently the battery in my laptop stopped charging, I ran a power source test and it stated the fuse had blown and the battery needed replacing ( This was my second battery in this particular laptop as the previous failed and HP replaced it).

So as long as the laptop was plugged in it would hold the remaining charge of 68%. So whilst i looked at my options as the laptop was out of warranty i continued to use it plugged in at all times and the battery stayed at 68%.

Then three weeks after this initial issue and just as i was about to buy a new laptop (Been waiting for pay day week)

My current laptop suddenly restarted and the laptop started charging....... So i let it fully recharge to 100%, which it did.

So i thought id try using it unplugged and run some of the battery down, plugged it back in and fully recharged.

Did this a few times and it has continued to work ever since. 

Out of curiosity i ran a battery check and a power source test and that all came back as working OK.

so my question really is - has this happened to anyone else? 

Very nearly spent a lot of money unnecessarily, Thanks in advance for any help, advice or info. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

20201228_180400.jpg20210208_162709.jpg20210208_162829.jpg20210208_163141.jpg20210208_163222.jpgScreenshot_20201228-180843_Chrome.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.