3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Increase Hard Drive Storage Space

Envy 17M ce1013DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to increase my hard drive storage space. I tried to change the Optane 512 drive to a 1TB SDD. I could not get it to accept the non Optane Drive. I looked for a way to purchase the the 1TB Optane, but noone has these.Then I noticed a space that looks like it could accept a 2nd drive and a connector.

Can this notebook accept a 2nd drive? What is the part number for the cable. I tried the one in the owners manual and it is too small.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
80,639 80,533 10,026 21,591
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@BasicDude 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06429951

It has   512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD (No Optane) No Optane can be that big (capacity). What is your 1TB SSD ? HP does not supply Service Guide for the series now. Please wait few more weeks.

Most likely you can add 2.5" HDD/SSD  to your machine but you need 2 parts

• Hard drive rubber holder part # L52662-001
  • Hard drive connector/cable part # L52656-001

Again, it is much better to wait for few more weeks because parts are very hard to find.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
BasicDude
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank You..

It currently has the 512 Optain (32G) M.2. It looks like I just need to wait until the cable is available to add my 2nd hard drive. I appreciate the information.

James

0 Kudos
BasicDude
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Here is the current drive.... 20191203_190219.jpg

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation