Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 ac013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an hp spectre x360 ac-013dx.  Is the ifrared feature (the two red lights being on) supposed to work in all apps/programs that utilize the built-in webcam?  The only time I've ever seen the ifrared on is when using Windows Hello.  Is mine broken?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Aggillator,

Just like on my Galaxy S9 which also has facial recognition, the infrared sensors are only supposed to work when facial recognition is required. Maybe Microsoft may release apps that have Windows Hello integration or facial recognition unlock but Windows Hello is currently the only thing that requires the IR sensor - from my understanding.

Besides, it'd be pretty annoying if the IR sensors were always on during our usage.

So no need to worry.:smileyhappy:

Hope this helps,

Eddy

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Aggillator,

Just like on my Galaxy S9 which also has facial recognition, the infrared sensors are only supposed to work when facial recognition is required. Maybe Microsoft may release apps that have Windows Hello integration or facial recognition unlock but Windows Hello is currently the only thing that requires the IR sensor - from my understanding.

Besides, it'd be pretty annoying if the IR sensors were always on during our usage.

So no need to worry.:smileyhappy:

Hope this helps,

Eddy

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Crazy.  You would think that someone would have made use of the fact that it has ir lights built in and that you could turn it on or off at will in any application that uses the camera.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.